The New Year is an excellent time to get organised and prioritise which goals are important. So City Business Solutions have reviewed some valuable productivity hacks that are guaranteed to improve efficiency.
It has been said that it takes about 2 months for a new behaviour to become automatic. City Business Solutions believe that now is a great time to get organised and start thinking about what one wants to achieve in 2016, because by the time the New Year is under way, these behaviours will become second nature.
- In a recent online article on inc.com (11 Best Productivity Hacks for 2016, 3rd December 2015) 11 productivity hacks for 2016 were reviewed. City Business Solutions outline these productivity tips below.
- Know yourself – to be able to target productivity levels a person should be able to identify when exactly they are at peak productivity levels during the day and schedule the most crucial tasks during this time.
- Avoid Facebook – 23% of workers cite Facebook as the destination to waste time. If someone’s job is to manage social media profiles for a company, avoid logging in, instead use scheduling apps such as ‘Hootsuite’.
- Ditch the smartphone – the average smart phone user checks their device 221 times a day. Therefore putting a smartphone out of sight during key working times will help keep productivity levels high.
- Forget multi-tasking and just focus – multi-tasking reduces efficiency and the quality of work
- Re-organise your inbox – emails build up a to-do list that other people create. A person needs to learn how to manage this.
- Change your scenery – take regular and effective breaks from work to increase productivity upon return.
- Meditate – 15 minutes of mindful meditation can lead to more rational business decisions.
- Ask for help and delegate – power comes in numbers, and delegation will free up a person’s time and allow them to focus on what they do best.
- Create innovation time – set aside a percentage of time each day to work on personal, innovative tasks.
- Be agile – break large tasks into smaller tasks in order to complete them more productively.
- Get ergonomic – sitting for long periods of time is bad for you. Invest in work stations.
City Business Solutions is a Chicago based firm that creates innovative marketing campaigns for a range of clients, including those within the telecommunications, restaurant, non-profit and energy industry. Established by Managing Director Jamie Shahin, the firm offer their clients effective marketing solutions that are cost effective with a guaranteed ROI and increase customer loyalty. The firm work with their clients to product innovative marketing campaigns that reflect their client’s values and speaks to their target demographic.
City Business Solutions have started implementing some of these tips in order to plan and prepare for the New Year.